Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Slow Cookin'


It's been quite some time since I have posted to this site. With graduation only a few months away, I have been staying busy with school, the job search and of course cooking. But, now that I have settled into my spring semester routine, there are no more excuses. It's time to start posting yummy recipes once again.

For Valentine's Day, my sweet boyfriend gave me the ultimate gift: The All-Clad Slow Cooker. This counter-appliance means business. It can cook up to 20 hours, knows when to switch to warm mode and conveniently displays the remaining time on a sleek digital clock. Plus, it makes the most delicious meals as long as you plan ahead.

This week tested my slow cooker with Real Simple's Spaghetti Bolognese. It only took 12 minutes to throw together, and 8 hours later I was enjoying a delicious meat sauce infused with dynamic flavors, like thyme and oregano.

I have to say minimum effort contributed to the delight of the overall meal. It's unbelievably simple:

Step #1: Gather ingredients
Step #2: Combine in slow cooker
Step #3: Select time, press start
Step #4: Enjoy your day
Step #5: Sit down for a nice dinner

As I approach the working world, I know I will remember to take full advantage of my slow cooker because there's nothing like coming home to a warm homecooked meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment