Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Best Part of Waking Up


Yesterday I enjoyed one of life’s simple pleasures, the perfect cup of coffee. I decided to spend my afternoon studying at a local coffee shop. Two Story Coffeehouse, located in Athens’ Five Points district, has a great screened-in porch. With temperatures in the upper 60s the back porch was the perfect place to sit, sip, and study. I ordered their Café Au Lait, added a splenda, and was in heaven! Café Au Lait, also known as Café Misto, is a French coffee drink made of coffee and steamed milk. A simple, yet luscious combination!

To make it at home:

Heat whole milk in a saucepan. Brew your favorite coffee. Add ½ cup of hot milk and ½ cup of coffee to cup. Stir and enjoy!

*I add one Splenda to my cup, but sweeten as you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment