Monday, February 7, 2011

Greek Freak


Sororities have become my life. As Panhellenic president, I am constantly thinking Greek. I live in the Greek Life Office, I work with all Greek women, and I work to promote Greek life. Although the fast paced world of sorority life at UGA is a big part of my life, Greek influences have also entered my kitchen. After enjoying the most delicious Greek salad at Last Resort (my favorite Athens’ restaurant) I decided to make a spin off of my own. Hope you enjoy!

Greek Salad Pitas

1 cucumber (seeded and diced)
1/4 large red onion (chopped)
1 pint grape tomatoes (quartered)
1/2 cup kalamata olives (chopped)
1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts (chopped)
1/2 cup peppercinis (chopped)
1 tsp red chili flakes
4 oz container feta Cheese
1 tblsp fresh parsley (chopped)

For the Dressing:
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper

Pita Bread

Mix together cucumber through parsley in medium size bowl. For the dressing, add to Tupperware container and shake until mixed well. Dress the vegetable mixture, and stir well. Microwave pitas for 30 seconds on high, or until warm. Cut pita in half, allowing 2 pockets to form. Stuff with mixture.


No comments:

Post a Comment