Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Date Night



Everyone loves a date night. Especially when you get to enjoy fabulous food at your favorite restaurant with great friends. Last night my boyfriend came in to town and we headed to Last Resort with my roommate and her boyfriend. Because it was a Tuesday there was no wait. We sat right down and ordered yummy cocktails, a dirty martini was my drink of choice. Soon warm bread arrived that I love to dip in Last Resort's famous Vidalia Bacon Dressing. Salads were then served, mine topped with a rich balsamic vinaigrette. My main course was by far the best thing I have ever had at Last Resort, it ultimately could be the best thing I have eaten in 2012. I ordered the special, a cornmeal crusted tilefish served with a corn barley mash, balsamic kale and roasted beets. The fish was crisp and sweet, the mash was rich and succulent and the kale was just heaven. Altogether it made for a scrumptious bite. Plates were cleaned, but stomachs weren't full as we made room for their white chocolate cheesecake. I left completely satisfied. I think we need to plan another date night for next week, especially if I get to enjoy food like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment