Monday, March 26, 2012

Sunday Dinner


Sundays are meant for relaxation. A good sermon at church, a walk in Piedmont Park, a random movie on television, followed by a fantastic dinner. Cooking on Sundays should be minimal, using only the simplest recipes with the freshest ingredients. I have grown up always eating steak on Sundays. Back in Macon, Ga. my parents paired the juicy, tender meat with Caesar salad and baked beans. Now that I am older and do my own cooking on Sundays I like to serve the charred steaks with sauteed green beans or roasted asparagus and a baked potato. There is little prep work that has to be done and dinner comes together fairly quickly (depending on the potatoes- baked in microwave or oven). I love the tradition of red meat on Sundays and know I will continue this perfect, simple Sunday dinner the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment