Thursday, March 8, 2012

Eat Your Veggies



Second semester, senior year of college is priceless. Yes, some parts are stressful, but the amount of free time I have compensates my worries of the future. I recently took on a new project: going through all of my old magazines and cutting out recipes I want to try. I attempted to look specifically for healthy recipes with spring break approaching next week; however, I found my self clipping Pimiento Mac and Cheese and Mushroom Croque-Monsieur out of last year's Bon Appétit. Sorting through all the various starters, entrees, even condiments made me very hungry.

I found a cover recipe I knew I had to try. Roasted Vegetable Tart, the cover recipe for January 2012. It wasn't very labor intensive, only time consuming. Making sure veggies were going in the oven at the appropriate time so that they roasted into perfect yumminess. I tried a short cut using pizza dough (as opposed to the homemade dough), which was not a complete failure, but I would not recommend it. Perhaps I will try a premade pie crust next time. The filling needs a substantial crust to go along with it.

Flavors were right on point. Eggplant, red bell pepper, sweet potato and balsamic tomatoes made this dish sing. Considering I ate it for dinner 3 times this week, I would say it was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment