Friday, May 20, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things


Now that I seem to be slightly settled in Italy, I have started to completely immerse myself in their culture. I’ve learned several new words, picked up some mannerisms, and found things I don’t think I will ever be able to live without. So, I have decided to have an ongoing list of all the things I know I’ll want when I return.

· Cappucino Spoons

o These tiny little stirrers are perfect for almost any occasion. Whether it be in the morning caffe, the after dinner cocktail, or for decoration, they are simply delightful.

· Nutella

o I know this is cliché, but honestly the stuff is addicting. I had it on my bread while Marzia had peanut butter on hers. I guess the pasture is just always greener on the other side. But, today I added bananas to the nutella toast, no way I can go back now.

· Sgroppino

o This refreshing cocktail is perfect anytime, but they prefer after dinner. It is a simple concoction

1 scoop lemon gelato, ½ cup Prosecco, ¼ cup vodka

Combine, Stir, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment