Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A morning in Massa




I've always enjoyed mornings. In America, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, I can't miss Al Roker's weather report, and my favorite spin class starts at 9:30. However, in Italy mornings have become the most essential part of my day. I've gotten into a routine of waking up early so I have plenty of time to exercise, write blogs, catch up on emails, and of course enjoy my brioche and cappuccino. My mornings are primarily my only free time. I work from 11-3:00ish, then 7-whenever. Between the two shifts I head to the beach and nap. So, I have made mornings a priority for productivity.

This morning was a bit of an exception. I woke up early, went for a run, came back and got ready. Then I went to my favorite cafe across the street for their delicious brioche and cappuccino (I honestly can't get enough). After I finished my breakfast and a lengthy attempt at reading the newspaper (there was an article on Obama I tried to decipher), I headed on to my next adventure.

Tuesdays in Massa are market day. I have never been before, always forgetting that it is on Tuesdays. On my run I was reminded as I saw vendors setting up their various tents. I am so glad I went. It was fun to see the different merchants and all they were selling. They had everything from hardware to underwear. There were food, clothes, antiques, cookware, jewelery, and flowers. Anything you could think of was being sold. Although I didn't buy anything today, I am going to return next week and do some damage. After all you can't pass by a great pair of Italian heels for only 10 euros and not want to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment