Monday, July 25, 2011

I.F.C.


I guess it is starting to become very obvious that I am missing home. Last night I made the personnel fried chicken for dinner. Of course I tried adding an Italian spin by frying it in extra virgin olive oil and adding dried oregano to the flour mixture. The result was tasty and they certainly couldn't get enough!

Italian Fried Chicken


4 Chicken Breasts

2 egg whites

1 cup flour

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

1 tsp dried oregano

4 tblsp extra virgin olive oil

Slice the chicken breasts into strips. With a fork scramble egg whites until well beaten. In a different bowl combine flour, salt, pepper, and oregano. Dip the chicken strips one by one into the egg whites and then flour mixture. Once well coated, heat the oil in a non stick skillet. When oil is sizzling place chicken strips in oil. Let cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from oil and place on paper towel before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment