Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Kind of Picnic



Before we went to Rome, I heavily researched all that you need to do. One of the suggestions was to have a picnic in the Villa Borghese. Of course I jumped on the idea, especially when I found a restaurant that packs all you need for a picnic. We searched and searched for this place, but not a single map we found included that street. After walking the entire park, several kilometers, we gave up and decided to make our own picnic. Finding one of the many drink/snack stands we picked up a bottle of wine and 2 plastic cups. It was perfect. On the hot summer day, the cool white wine was refreshing and delightful. Even though I was disappointed not to find what Travel Channel called, "one of the most romantic and delicious daytime activities in the eternal city" I was perfectly content sipping on cheap white wine in my plastic cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment