Monday, July 4, 2011

Back to Brioche


When I first came to Italy, I indulged myself in their sweet, delectable brioches each morning for breakfast. These glorious treats, sticky with sugar and filled to the brim with pastry cream became an addiction. I couldn't resist the high fat, high calorie, absolutely out of this world scrumptious pastry each morning. But soon, I realized that this treat might not be the healthiest choice. There are so many fresh fruits available around me that I forced myself to begin chomping on the local produce for breakfast. I actually find it just as satisfying if not more because eating a variety of fruits gives me the energy I need for long workdays in the kitchen. BUT since I was on vacation in Rome, I decided to have brioche every single day. And better yet, pair it with a hot cappuccino. What an excellent decision. It truly is the perfect way to start every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment